Summary of Position:
- Operate CAD system to provide support for all departments by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams. Details include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacture. Makes simple design decisions but refers most questions/problems to leadership. Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with design terminology. Possesses mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Familiar with CAD/CAM equipment and the relationship of CAD to CAM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document designs using AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings)
- Utilize knowledge of various manufacturing machines, design practices, mathematics and building materials to complete drawings
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of manufactured products
- Communicate with sales and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints
- Layout cut parts for CNC machines
- 5 years CAD experience (AutoCAD and or SolidWorks Preferred)
- 5 Years experience in sheet metal manufacturing environment
- A successful designer will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Technical capacity, Communication proficiency, Problem solving/Analysis, Collaboration skills, Ability to read and understand Architectural drawings, Microsoft Office and General Computer Skills.
Want to apply?
Fill out the contact form below and if available, attach your resume.