Hours: 3 to 10 pm
2nd Shift: Laser Operator
- Performs set up, operation and maintenance of laser equipment to cost effectively produce high quality steel, and aluminum parts efficiently with ensuring conformance to customer drawings and designs.
- Perform setups and operations using Fiber and/or CNC lasers on production hardware
- Interpret and follow written instructions, schedules, and drawings
- Identify machine alignment problems
- Use precision instruments to check tolerances and quality of parts
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of machinery
- Take inventory of machine-related products
- Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedure
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in metal fabrication industry or similar environment with 1 to 2 years’ experience operating CNC equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret dispatches, designs and drawing specifications
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Must be able to focus on attention to detail while performing multiple tasks
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to train and assist with troubleshooting equipment issues and process variations
- Ability to work as a positive team member
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to convey opportunities for process improvements
- Expected to work overtime and flexible hours as needed to meet production and departmental goals
- The laser operator performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material
Want to apply?
Fill out the contact form below and if available, attach your resume.