The primary responsibility of the Production Manager is to support, motivate, and develop shop floor departmental leads and maximize manufacturing output. The Production Manager must decide how to best use the plant’s workers and equipment to meet production goals, ensure that production stays on schedule and within budget as well as hire, train and evaluate workers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in production management (manufacturing)
- Daily oversight and execution of the production schedule.
- Coordinate, lead and execute daily production plans in the achievement of production goals.
- Provide leadership and coaching that create positive team morale and effectiveness.
- Create and maintain an environment with employee engagement to implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate wasteful activities.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees- maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards.
- Analysis of manpower in each department.
- Manage the daily activities of fabrication through department supervisors
- Account for production labor daily through issuing of employees’ time with our internal manufacturing software
- Assist with a monthly recording of inventory
- Ensure consistent and effective shift and work schedule.
- Oversee the production process, collaborating with outside operations to develop a weekly production schedule
- Ensure that the production cost is effective, working with design to value engineer as needed
- Drive compliance to company policy, such as reporting time, attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Ensure product quality and timeliness
- Coordinate human and material resources needs
- Assist in the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Supervise and motivate a team of workers
- Identify training needs
- Review emails
- Sort and distribute dispatches/work packages, including any turned in the night prior as “no” once received from Production Controller
- Distribute consumable items to employees
- Confer with design to obtain details for build process
- Review time clock activity
- Partner with materials expeditor to monitor inventory levels of consumable items and order when required
Want to apply?
Fill out the contact form below and if available, attach your resume.